Remembering #2, Sherrell McHenry

2media1
Connors State College was saddened by the passing of freshman Sherrell McHenry, 19, on May 2, 2014. A member of the Cowgirl basketball team, her enthusiasm, constant smile and quick wit were an encouragement to her teammates.

“McHenry was one of the hardest working players on the team and yet she was one of the first to joke around with us,” said Coach Jamie Fisher. “She was a motivator for her teammates. One teammate said she would always go to Sherrell with her problems and Sherrell would encourage her to pray and to think positive.”

CSC President, Dr. Tim Faltyn spoke at her funeral, encouraging people to let Sherrell’s life inspire them.

“Follow her example and make a daily choice to encourage and support your friends and loved ones. Make a daily choice to trust in God. Make a daily choice to work hard and play hard. Make a daily choice to pray for others and to look for the positive,” said Faltyn. “Sherrell did, and our lives were touched because of her. There is no greater way to celebrate Sherrell’s life than to imitate the amazing things she did with her life. She was an example for us all.”

While a preliminary investigation showed no suspicion of foul play, the cause of death is unknown