Charles Buckley

Meet Charles Michael Buckley

Charles Buckley

Charles Michael Buckley, CSC livestock judging team member.

By Kaitlyn Merriman

Charles Michael Buckley, a 19-year-old sophomore at Connors State College (CSC) from Collins, Miss., was the highlight of the evening at the Week of Welcome hypnotist show.

Now known as “the boy who couldn’t give away his baby”, the kind-hearted Buckley was hypnotized into being a concerned father, a troubled party animal, and into having dance moves that had the whole crowd in tears of laughter.

Buckley is on the CSC livestock judging team. In high school, he was the high-scoring individual in the Mississippi FFA’s livestock judging contest, was on the state 4-H meat judging team, and was also on the state winning team for poultry judging. He is currently on the CSC shooting sports team, as well.

“I’m looking forward to having a successful year with the livestock judging team and shooting sports team,” said Buckley.

Buckley has shown Beefmaster cattle all of his life. In fact, his family is responsible for founding  the Mississippi Junior Beefmaster Association, bringing it from the smallest to second-largest breed in the state.

Buckley’s greatest accomplishment showing cattle was winning reserve grand champion bred-and-owned heifer at the 29th Annual Junior Beefmaster Breeders Association’s National Convention and Heifer Show in Bryan, Texas, this past summer. Buckley represented the JBBA for the 2012-2013 year as president, and served in years before as a director.

###