Kendall Golden

Golden Wins Oklahoma FFA Proficiency Award

Kendall Golden

Kendall Golden

Kendall Golden of the Morris FFA Chapter and a recent graduate of Connors State College, earned first-place honors in the Oklahoma FFA Diversified Horticulture Proficiency Award area during the 87th Oklahoma FFA Convention. As the state winner, her application has been submitted for national competition in Louisville, Ky., in October.

Golden worked for the grounds department in crop production at Connors State College for her supervised agricultural experience project. She regulated watering as well as mixed and applied fertilizer and chemicals. Golden was involved in landscape management in campus mowing, installed and maintained flower beds, and planted trees and shrubs. She also was named the state winner in specialty crop production and second in the state in floriculture proficiency in previous years.

“Kendall Golden has been an outstanding worker in the department,” said Daniel Edmonds, CSC grounds supervisor. “Her work ethic is second-to-none.”

The diversified horticulture proficiency award is designed to recognize students who are involved in a supervised agricultural experience related to managing two or more of the following proficiency areas: floriculture, landscape management, nursery operations or turf grass management.

Golden graduated in July 2013 with an Associate of Science in Agriculture with a horticulture option. She transfered to Oklahoma State University and will pursue a degree in landscape architecture.

The 19-year-old is the daughter of Bill and Debby Golden.

###