Distinguished Alumni Baine Brooks

Baine Brooks from Decatur, Georgia, was a member of the Connors State baseball team in 1985, where he graduated.Before attending Connors, he attended Georgia State University for a year, fulfilling a dream of playing baseball on the collegiate level with his brother.During his one year at Connors he was named to the National Junior College Athletic Association All-American team.

Brooks then moved on to the University of Oklahoma where he graduated with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Communications and was an All-Big 8 Conference center field selection in 1987.Brooks is currently partner and manager of TwoRows Restaurant in Allen, Texas, where he employs 43 team members.

He is currently on the Allen City Council and is the liaison for Parks and Recreation for the city of Allen. Brooks is past president of Greater Dallas Restaurant Association and served as a Regional Director for the Texas Restaurant Association. He also served on the board of directors for the North Texas Food Bank.

Brooks was awarded the 2013 Community Builder Award for the Allen Masonic Club in Allen. He has been and participated in Allen rotary and has had many involvements with Allen Community Outreach.During his other various charity activities Brooks has helped raise $150,000.Brooks and his wife Juli have been married 16 years and have two girls, Brittani and Brenna.