CSC makes elementary Students ‘Cowboy for a Day’

Students from Warner Public Schools recently got to experience what it is like to be a Connors State College Cowboy at the college’s annual “Cowboy for a Day” event.

“We want the students to begin considering their options and plan for their academic needs early in their experiences in middle school and high school,” said CSC English and Communications Division Chair Robin O’Quinn. “They need to be aware that when they do go to college, not if they go, preparation for a successful collegial experience begins with their school decisions now.”
Students were treated to ice cream and tours and got to meet with several college faculty and staff members. They learned about campus life, the agriculture department, math and science, nursing and more, including playing with snakes and bugs in the biology lab.

“We are honored to have these students on our campus,” said CSC VP for Academic and Student Affairs Dr. Ron Ramming. “Connors has a lot to offer and we want these kids to start thinking about their college choices now.”

oquinnRobin O’Quinn, Division Chair for Developmental Education & Communication, worked to coordinate Connors’ Cowboy for a Day event that hosted area elementary school children.