Allen interns at KiamichiLink Ranch

IMG_7190While students her age often spend the summer months relaxing or visiting family, Hannah Allen of Nowata, Okla., gained agricultural industry experience. Allen interned at the 15,000-acre KiamichiLink Ranch in Finley, Okla., owned by OSU A&M Regent Tucker Link and wife Vickie.

During her internship, Allen organized online registration data and completed breeding season tasks, such as: inserting CIDR’s and ultra-sounding cows, and halter breaking and grooming sale heifers.

“This internship was one that I greatly enjoyed,” said Allen. “It gave me the chance to see the side of a purebred operation that I had not seen before, while being very hands on.”

A sophomore at Connors State College, Allen is a member of the Beef Show Team and the Connors Collegian staff, was named to the 2013 Vice President’s Honor Roll, serves as Aggie Club President and works as a marketing assistant for the CSC Office of Creative Services.

“Not many students seek out the chance to experience a potential career,” said Dale Pitchford, CSC Beef Show Team coach. “To gain knowledge at such a highly respected and advanced ranch like KiamichiLink will be beneficial in Hannah’s future.”

Her experience in the agriculture industry includes raising and showing cattle, working on her family-owned preconditioning ranch, along with the feed store that her family has owned for nearly 100 years.

“I was so grateful to have her with us this summer,” said Cindy Fitzgerald, accounting manager for KLR Angus, LLC and KLR Genetics, LLC. “Hannah has a great attitude, is hardworking, and shows such maturity and experience for her age.”

Upon graduation from Connors, Allen plans to obtain a bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications from Oklahoma State University. She hopes to pursue a career in the agricultural industry.

###